There are a large number of rumors and wild guesses about male masturbation. Lots of experts in medicine and psychology are still discussing its health benefits and possible health injury. Let’s try to see into the matter as well.
Why do we do it?
Statistically, about 80% of all men (including those who have a regular life partner) masturbate recurrently. Specialists list the following reasons:
- Stress factor. In general, most men have 2 ways to bring down stress: to get drunk o to have sex. If a partner is not around, but a man feels a sharp desire to switch off, it’s possible to masturbate in a lavatory or in a closed work-room;
- Loss of sexual desire to a life partner;
- Lack of sexual partner;
- Laziness to find a sexual partner or even to have sex;
- It may sound like a joke, but there are people who believe that masturbation is a wonderful way to lose weight. There are really some men who masturbate for the only purpose – to grow lean;
- Lack of sexual satisfaction during an ordinary sexual intercourse. In most cases the reason lies in psychological trauma;
- Some men masturbate before sexual intercourse to make it longer;
- Masturbation as a stage of pubescence.
Advantages of Masturbation
Currently, lots of sex experts claim that a moderate quantity of self-pleasure doesn’t bring any harm to male health. They mark some positive side effects:
- Release of sexual tension;
- Releases of neurosis;
- Immune stimulation;
- Oncology disease prevention;
- Prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease;
- Stabilization of arterial tension.
Regular masturbating has a positive influence on the genitourinary system. This beneficial effect is especially important for men, after the age of 60 when there is a high risk of prostatitis development.
Disadvantages of Masturbation
Speaking about disadvantages of self-pleasure and negative side effects, we should be extremely objective. First of all, infrequent masturbating can hardly inflict damage on male health. In most cases, masturbation may do harm only with chronic self-pleasuring.
So, the after-effects may be the following:
- Traumatic injury. The most frequent complaints are tear-contused wound of penis foreskin, penis twist, etc. Generally, this is the case of those who prefer unusual ways of self-pleasure.
- Masturbation can cause addiction, which will have to be cured and takes a long time. Unfortunately, there are no statistics on how often this phenomenon occurs, but the problem exists.
- Diseases of the male genitals. For example, varicocele, varicose veins of the spermatic cord.
- Masturbation really decreases the risk of prostatitis. But it can be unsafe to masturbate for men with prostatitis because it increases inflammation.
- Sensitivity reactions and irritation of foreskin.
Influence on Male Potency
There are different points of view on the problem. But the reality is that masturbation can have both positive and negative effects on male potency, and they depend on man’s attitude to masturbation. It can be harmful and may cause erectile dysfunction only in the following situations:
- When masturbation becomes a habit, sex with a partner doesn’t excite and satisfy a man. A man is no longer interested in sex at all, a man can’t get aroused during an ordinary intercourse, and another partner doesn’t excite him. The problem can be accompanied by a weak erection, rapid ejaculation or an ejaculation. All these may cause psychological problems and a real impotence.
- When masturbation causes a breakdown, multiple obsessive masturbation leads to rapid exhaustion of physical strength. The fact is that spermatogenesis takes away lots of vitamins and minerals, so too many productions of sperm lead to deterioration in the overall condition.
Now you see that in spite of all the masturbation pros, it may be somewhat harmful to male health and it’s better not to substitute real sex with self-pleasure. Of course, it’s possible to treat erectile dysfunction after excessive masturbation, but it will take lots of time and efforts. Pharmaceutical and psychological methods of treatment are necessary here to get positive results.